Now you have built your computer, how do you avoid a computer repair?
You may have seen our previous post “ Anatomy of a good computer case “…..
1) If you switch off your personal computer, you should first of all wait to perform the windows shutdown method and then press the” Shut Down Windows ” button.
Too many of us are in a rush and are even unaware to wait for the hard drive and windows to finish or it will cause future read errors this especially helps avoid a computer repair.
2) It might be beneficial to protect your personal computer by using a surge protector, this way, your computer will never be damaged by a blackout.
3) Another great tip to avoid a computer repair is its really is strongly advised to backup your files along with your data which are essential for you and especially if you want to protect them.
4) Occasionally, you might want to run the Scandisk and the defragment tool, to avoid potentially serious damage to your hard drive.
5) You ought not to remove peripheral devices from your personal computer when it is powered on, because this may have a poor effect on either the connector socket or the motherboard.
This step is firmly allowed only when you include a peripheral device assured to be “hot-pluggable”.
( Image above for illustration to help avoid a computer repair, this was a very poorly Mac we had to fix. )
6) Be sure to maintain at least 300 MB of free space for your hard drive to be able to be employed by the Windows Operating System.
For Windows 10 Professional or Home the preferable amount of free space should be about 500 MB on your C: Drive.
Additionally, it is very common to confront extremely slow response speeds if you are trying to implement a task.
Make sure to make the most out of the Windows Free Disk Space tool in the Windows Control Panel to reduce useless programs which are installed on your hard drive.
7) When you switch on your computer, you should not permit multiple programs loading up as long as they consume a small amount of your computer’s memory and Windows Resources.
In case you don’t use all programs in your Windows System Tray, it is recommended to lock them and let them load up after the computer’s booting. Again you can download a too such as Iobit Advanced System Care for this from our video here
8) It is important to install an antivirus program on your computer to avoid a computer repair, you will want one that will load up the time you turn on your computer.
You will be better protected in case you choose a continuously observing antivirus program that is automatically updated and runs silently in the background.
9) Since you have a high-speed Internet connection, it is certain that you must have installed a firewall program.
A firewall program is used to maintain your computer safe from malicious attacks against your system.
It would be best to avoid allowing someone other than you to have access to your data and files. Nowadays all new Windows 10 computers are equipped with a built-in firewall program.
You can easily change the firewall’s settings by accessing the control panel but you should remember to keep the firewall activated.
In case you need some additional protection for your computer it would be best to take into consideration some security software available online such as Hitman Pro, we use this as it is safer than most in our opinion.
10) You should also check the computer and peripheral devices’ software discs and keep them in a safe environment by keeping them up to date, as they enclose useful programs and files for your Windows operating system.
Instead of having to search and download all the drivers, you need for your machine ( can take over an hour that’s if you know what you are doing ) you can install a program such as Iobit Driver Booster Pro that we covered in a video here
That’s just 10 Top tips we think will help you avoid computer repair, however, there are lots of user and environmental effects also that would change from user to user.
What do you think? comment below what things help you to keep your computer running smoothly?
If you enjoyed this post on ” 10 Tips to avoid a computer repair – Updated 2021 ” please show your support by giving us a share or a like ……
Still unsure? then consider giving us a chance to help you decide the best course of action for your situation, as we are highly flexible with a no fix no fee policy along with being one of the leading computer repair specialists along with computer/server build specialists.
Our normal service area is Bridged, however, we also cover Swansea, Port Talbot, Brynthethin, Sarn, Ogmore Vale, Maesteg, Llantwit Major, Cowbridge, Barry, Penarth, Dinas Powys, Cardiff, and as far as Newport.
Best Computer Repair Bridgend and South Wales U.K can also offer worldwide remote support, virus removal, or even custom-built gaming PCs with competitive rates, contactless payment, and delivery, along with a friendly, professional service that can’t be beaten anywhere else.
Why not contact us today here or say hello in the live chat at the bottom right of the page. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful week! 🙂